September!
| Bean flowers are quite pretty! |
I'm about to head off on a late summer getaway up in the mountains. We will have bikes and kayaks and lots of evening activities to fill the four days. It will be a fun time even if it rains a bit on Weds. as predicted.
I've taken a few bike rides, worked on putting certain garden plants to bed, while picking absolute boatloads of green beans. My freezer is stocked with them and I'm kind of tired of eating them, no matter how fresh and tender they are. My second crop of beans are about ready to pick - what was I thinking?
I haven't been taking too many pictures, but I'll let these tell the tale of my week.
| A bike ride with friends ended with lunch at the quaint Window Box cafe. |
| They bake their breads on premises and the sconewich I had was scrumptious. |
| Amyjean outdid herself with her butterfly cake for our book club lunch. Flight Behavior by Kingsolver was the subject of our discussion. |
| All of my monarchs have emerged and flown, but there are loads of caterpillars in the garden. Judging by their size, they are doing just fine. |
| It was another gorgeous summer day to be out on the trail. |
| It was a bit windier than I like, but much of the trail is a long green tunnel which shielded me from the worst wind gusts. |
My neighbor Annette, let me know her 96 year old Mom passed away this weekend. She knew it was coming but still came over to talk and process all the feelings. This morning I bought a hibiscus plant and a card and dropped it off. On the way back to my house I stopped to talk with another neighbor, Maggie, and found out we are both fans of Gardener's World. Then I helped her pick her plums which she had been neglecting. She rewarded me with a few of them. They are tiny but so sweet!
I would happily take some green beans off your hands, if only I lived closer! I love granola; I discovered granola with yogurt was a tasty breakfast in Ireland. I don't like Greek yogurt here but theirs was creamy and didn't taste like paste. What beautiful weather! We're having some too although today started out cloudy. Enjoy your trip to the mountains!
ReplyDelete