 |
| A beaver dam flooded this area to make a little lake. I spotted a muskrat and a beaver here. |
Friday 4/26/24
I left the house at 7 am to meet the hiking group for a bike ride from Lake Placid to Saranac Lake way up in the Adirondacks. Normally I wouldn't drive that far for a mere 20 mile ride, but I've been anticipating this bike trail's construction and opening for the past two years. It will eventually be thirty some miles long in the next couple of years. It was a really nice trail with that ADK feel of rocks and fir trees, lakes and streams on the relatively flat trail. The group had over 30 people signed up, but we ended up with a lovely group of 6. I'm guessing the temperature of twenty some degrees at the start may have something to do with the lower turnout. We had a delightful meal in Lake Placid afterwards and a stop for ice cream in Keene Valley. I got home at 7 pm, took a shower and decided to call it a day and just hop into bed at 8 pm with a book.
 |
| Our very small group - Hassan, Robert, Geri, Jim, and Sue Ellen. |
.jpg) |
| A beautiful day in the mountains. |
Garden and yard work has taken over as my activity of choice. Yesterday I spent all day outside, from 9 am until 4:30 pm. The entire lawn got mowed, a spruce tree was trimmed, and I painted the porch railings. I do take breaks to admire the flowers and plan new beds, plant seeds and chop down unwanted shrubs.
 |
I managed to keep the deer away from the only surviving clump of tulips in my yard. They don't smell great as they have been doused in Deer Away since they sprouted. |
 |
| These were growing wild by the roadside on my walk. Vinca vine? |
 |
| Another roadside beauty. |
A moose has been spotted in the towns north and south of me, which means it passed through sometime overnight. It is a rare occurrence around here, but not unheard of. I'll have to keep an eye out on my walks!
It may have been cold but that beautiful blue sky would make me want to do something outside. Love the tulips!
ReplyDeleteYour garden looks beautiful - and big. Lucky you!
ReplyDelete