Last week of December and 2021

Who knew that 2021 would also end up being a pandemic year? Another Christmas tainted by the Corona Virus, but more social than last year when it was just me and Glenn hunkered down at home. This year I traveled to Corning and had a normal-ish holiday with some family. I spent some lovely time with Mom and 4 of 6 siblings which was so nice.  The Connecticut family scrapped their plan to join due to 2 positives and common sense caution. I stayed for a week, cooking, running errands, taking walks, playing Scrabble and Dominoes. 

Mom's Christmas gift - I painted her living room to set off her new sofa and chair.

                                                I taught her Dominoes - she won the first two rounds!

Since the world seemed so drab and gray, I set out to find colors on a walk downtown.








                          After a full week, I took an adventurous route home through the Chenango Valley and counties I had never visited before - Chenango, Madison, Oneida, and Otsego. I got home in the dark, then woke up to a light snowfall in the morning.








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Home Town Visit, There And Back Again

And Life Continues On

A Short But Sweet Visit