July 19 - 28 2022 COVID days
I brought back a souvenir case of Covid from my fantastic trip. I tested the moment I got home and that thing lit up as positive so fast that the sample hadn't even reached the C control line. So I ordered a load of groceries and drove to the store for a contactless pick up, then holed up at home for the duration.
I spent the better part of this 8 days isolating at home. The camera roll on my phone indicates that I spent a lot of time in the garden taking photos of flowers and bugs in between my short spurts of weeding. A whole lot of laundry got processed as well.
By Thursday I was feeling better so I went for a short kayak on the lake down the road, but the effort cost me later. I slept a lot, I ate a little, and I just talked on the phone as my family was overly concerned because of my very hoarse voice. My introverted self was kind of delighted to have a reason to behave like a hermit for a week, but I did start to miss human interaction and finally was able to resume a normal life.
One thing I had time to reflect on which I'm quite proud of: I posted consistently for a solid year on this blog! It has brought me little moments of pleasure to look back on the past year to convince myself that I'm not wasting time, but am accomplishing ... things? I know in the dead of winter I was able to look back at sunnier and more active times and smile. That is something. I guess I'll keep it up.
Bee Balm, Heliopsis, and Blue Bellflower. Isolation would have been misery without my garden refuge.
Eastern Black Swallowtail
Preying Mantis - they like to lay egg cases in my garage and visit in the garden every summer.
Hummingbird moth, but really a Sphinx Moth, likely a Snowberry Clearwing.
Asian eggplant, basil and garlic all survived 2 weeks of neglect.
Eastern Tiger Swallowtail
Sunrise paddle








Wow, such gorgeous photos! That's the beauty of the small things and the world around us. Sometimes we have to slow down and really look. Too bad it involved a case of Covid though! I love blogging for that reason; I go back and re-live special times. Good and bad.
ReplyDelete